Saturday, March 14, 1970

HELLO, WORLD!

Dear readers,

Welcome to my brand-new A.R.P.A.-net site! I'm calling this a B.L.O.G., which stands for Bi-daily Letters Of G.I.G.O., which we in the I.T. (Which stands for Information Technology) field know stands for "Garbage In, Garbage Out." This "B.L.O.G" is where I'll put my twice-a-day rantings and musings about my work here at D.A.R.P.A., and about my concerns over our dangerous reliance on numbers to accomplish high-tech-nology tasks.

For you see, I am a Math Skeptic. I refuse to accept the premise that numbers and calculations are infallible. We live in a quantum world, and this means that we are ALL quantum - our bodies, our minds, our clothes, our hair -- and even our math.

On this B.L.O.G. (pronounced "blog" -- it's a strange acronym, I know, but I think it might catch on) I will try to teach the world that Math is uncertain, and hopefully connect with other Math Skeptics out there.

Skeptically yours,
T.M.S. (which stands for The Math Skeptic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some feedback for The Math Skeptic? Post it here and keep it civil.