Friday, December 21, 2012

LIVE-BLOGGING THE APOCALYPSE

In this post I will be providing live, up-to-the minute updates of the events of Earth's last day on Earth!

If you see that this page has not been updated in a few hours, it likely means that I'm:

  1. Dead from an earthquake/solar flare/asteroid impact/crustal displacement/what have you.
  2. Sleeping
  3. Unstuck in time and currently in the late 19th Century
  4. Drunk
  5. Stealing my neighbor's motorcycle
And now for the live-blogged updates from the apocalypse/timequake!

3:14 PM Central Standard Time

OH GOD THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!!! I MAY NOT LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO FINISH THIS SENT

2:39 PM Central Standard Time

The aftershocks are strengthening now, and I'm pretty certain that they are foreshocks to THE BIG ONE

The end is coming soon. I just know it. This indestructible concrete bunker can only take so much apocalypse! One more earthquake/tornado and I am done for.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a tearful/fearful farewell, as I will be too busy with the destruction and death when The Big One hits.

My best to all! Goodbye and farewell! I mayhaps will see you all on the other side!


1:38 PM Central Standard Time

I managed to find my flashlight and turn on the battery backup power system for my subterranean concrete bunker. We seem to be experiencing some severe but mild aftershocks now - or maybe foreshocks to The Big One.

While searching the media internets for news on the current global doomsday apocalypse, I was SHOCKED to find NOTHING!

NOTHING!

The only news about the apocalypse - a very real event that is quite actually happening all around me appears to be in the form of snarky tongue-in-cheek hit-pieces claiming that the apocalypse isn't happening!

It is quite obvious that the global media conspiracy is conspiring to cover up the apocalypse, no doubt to keep the masses from panicking.

Attention Flash to News People: We're too busy DYING of APOCALYPSE to panic!

This is shameful! SHAMEFUL! You'd think the media would quit lying to us on our last day! But regrettably it is not to be!


12:48 PM Central Standard Time

Holy Caesar's ghost, that was a terrifying half-hour or so. The shuddering and shaking and whoom-whoom noises and the distant sounds of sirens and screaming.

Horrible!

The power is out now, as are the lights. I do not know how my blog is still working, but will continue to live-blog the nightmarish events of this nightmarish day for as long as I can!

Truly this day is the end of the world, as fore-told by prophecy and pseudoscience!


12:02 AM Central Standard Time

WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN ON THE ROOF!?! I CAN ONLY PRAY THAT THE CEILING OF MY SUBTERRANEAN CONCRETE BUNKER HOLDS OR I AM DONE FOR!

11:12 AM Central Standard Time

I am still alive once again, after yet another massive earthquake. Am frantically trying to find information from the US Geological Survey on the epicenter of the earthquake and am finding nothing. Nothing! How can the government cover up an EARTHQUAKE!

I can only wonder if these catastrophic catastrophes are being specifically directed at me!!

Without my sophisticated system of surveillance cameras, I am unable to survey the damage at ground level, and I cannot leave my concrete bunker because then I will be left unprotected from doom.

So I think for now I'll just sit here and panic!



10:59 AM Central Standard Time

THE EARTH IS QUAKING AGAIN AND EVEN WORSE THAN LAST TIME OH GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE!

10:46 AM Central Standard Time

As far as I can tell, I am still alive and the structural integrity of my subterranean concrete bunker is still sound. However, the MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE of a few minutes ago dislodged my surveillance-camera and I am no longer able to view the world outside my bunker. Guess I'll be experiencing the rest of the apocalypse blind as a fruit-bat!

10:24 AM Central Standard Time

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HOLY! WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?

That was a MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE!

Like being inside one of those paint-shaker thingys at the Home Depot!

Things were falling off the walls and shelves and the lights flickered and there is probably some minor structural damage to my subterranean concrete bunker!

THE APOCALYPSE IS STARTING TO REALLY CALYPSE NOW I KNOW IT!


10:16 AM Central Standard Time

Still no apocalyptic or even mildly catastrophic activities going on out there thus far. I am starting to wonder - and I do hope I am not taunting the forces of irony when I say this - that thus far this apocalypse is turning out to be an apocalisn't!

09:41 AM Central Standard Time

Still nothing happening disaster-wise. My motorcycle-owning neighbor has returned from his errand-running excursion with shopping bags, so apparently the global economic and financial systems have not begun to melt down just yet.

Give it time. By the time the sun sets to-night money won't be worth the paper it is printed on.


08:37 AM Central Standard Time

It's quiet again. Almost too quiet, again.

Debating whether it's too early to resume drinking.


07:19 AM Central Standard Time

False alarm! It was just my neighbor, revving up his motorcycle! Flaunting his motorcycle-owning status to taunt me, no doubt!

It is no matter. Soon he will be dead and the bike will be mine. As soon as the poisoned hailstorms hit, Dave is as gone as a goner!


07:02 AM Central Standard Time

Loud noises outside my subterranean concrete bunker! Is this the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?!?

06:21 AM Central Standard Time

Oh no! Why did I let myself sleep so long?! I just missed five hours of panicking!

Winds outside are getting very strong. I think there may be snow and hail. The sun is supposed to be rising now, yet the sky is still dark! The proverbial stuff is about to hit the proverbial fan I know it!


01:31 AM Central Standard Time

starting to think th 7 gallons of vodka i stockpiled arnt gonna be enough. Frk.

12:44 AM Central Standard Time

Getting a little windy outside. Natural movement or air masses, or the beginning of total crustal displacement? We shall soon find out!

12:08 AM Central Standard Time

It's quiet. Almost too quiet. The Mayan apocalypse will likely have a long introduction, like a Pink Floyd album. And like a Pink Floyd album, I expect it to get DANGEROUS very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some feedback for The Math Skeptic? Post it here and keep it civil.