Friday, July 19, 2013

Maybe Bees Aren't So Bad After All

As my regular readers are probably already aware, I make no secret of my anti-bee stance. These kamikaze insect assailants have been plaguing humanity for thousands of years, bribing us with their so-called "honey" to make us forget their evil doings.  

However, a recent news i have come across on the news has prompted me to re-evaluate this stance just slight-ly. 

As it turns out, bees are not number sympathizers as I and science had previously thought.  The perfectly-proportioned hexagons of the bees' honeycombal habitat were, we reasoned, too perfectly-proportioned to happen by chance. 

Thus, we had thought, the bees must be doing complicated geo-metry in order to do their mathical honey-combing.

Researchers at Cardiff University in the U.K. Have discovered that this is indeed not the indeed case. The bees are not doing math at all - merely making bee-sized circles of bees-wax that later form into hexagons when melted by the bee-body heat. No math necessary.

This new development in apiology has prompted me to re-evaluate my anti-bee stance just slightly. Knowing that the bees are not aligned with the numbers in the War Against All Humans is an encouraging sign that, perhaps, they could be turned from enemies to allies.

After all, as Sun-Tzu said, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." 

And with approximately 78% of the human population wiped out in last year's apocalypse, we need all the friends we can get. Even bees.


1 comment:

  1. Your an idiot because if we didnt have bees the planet would die and the plants such as flowers wont be able to reproduce

    ReplyDelete

Got some feedback for The Math Skeptic? Post it here and keep it civil.